Saturday 17 November 2012

Message and Delivery: Distribution (final designs)

When it came to printing my designs I had to consider double-siding because of the nature of the design. Lining up documents is difficult enough and I would have to allow for bleed. Because I need to cut out the designs around the balaclavas I don't think double-siding the prints will work; it will become too complicated with sizing, the type and intricacies of the design such as the cat ears. If I had more time or had considered this from the beginning it might have been possible although still really difficult, but I will have to print them separately and then construct them.

For the poster brief I used a white antique stock which gave a really nice affect when printing with the colours in my design. However it has a thicker weight and because of the type on the poster being white my design will come out with three colours if I do not stick to white stock. 



Constructing the envelope

All 5 final designs ready for presentation for the crit:

















I am really pleased with the final designs. Although it is probably possible to tell that they have been cut out by hand I think it doesn't matter too much and probably fits in with the general DIY Punk aesthetic. They are very long but the concept behind it makes sense and I think it becomes more than a mailshot to inform, but also a piece of design that I can imagine pinning up on a wall as a decorative piece. I think it ties in with my poster designs and also works well as an independent piece to be received in the post and promote the Free Pussy Riot campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment